fiona Allison's feel good food
Below are a few sample recipes that I've designed and if you like what you see please feel free to download the free recipe ebook - I'll try and update it with new recipes as I go along, so you can get new inspiration.
Cookie Monster - Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 large egg
4 tablespoons dark brown sugar, lightly packed 1 1/2 cups oat flour (regular oats blended) 1 drop of dōTERRA cinnamon oil 1/2 cup dark chocolate chopped
1/2 cup coconut oil 1/2 teaspoon baking soda and 1 pinch of salt
1. Put the oats in a blender and process it resembles flour.
2. Combine the vanilla extract, large egg, and brown sugar in a bowl.
3. Melt the coconut oil and let it cool before adding to the bowl, beat until combined.! 4. Stir in the oat flour (measured after blending NOT before), baking soda, 1 drop of cinnamon and salt.
5 Stir until just combined and then fold in the dark chocolate.
6. Chill the dough for at least one hour.
7. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees c
8. Using a melon baller to scoop out balls of the dough onto a lined cookie sheet. ! 7. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
8. Remove and allow to stay on the baking sheet for another 2 minutes before removing to a wire cooling rack.
Beat the Blues - Coconut & Blueberry Pancakes
Ingredients (6 pancakes)
1 Medium Banana 2 free range organic eggs
1/3 cup Ground Almonds 1/3 cup Coconut Flour
¼ cup Desiccated Coconut 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
Coconut Oil (for frying) 1 cup frozen blueberries
3tsp raw honey
1. Peel and chop the banana into chunks.
2. Place the banana, eggs, ground almonds, coconut flour and baking powder in a food processor and blend until smooth.
3. Stir in the dessicated coconut
4. Heat coconut oil over a low heat in a non-stick pan. Once the oil has melted, spoon around 1/6 off the mixture onto the pan. Heat until bubbles form and flip to cook for another minute or two. Repeat for the rest of the mixture, adding coconut oil to the pan as required.
5. Heat honey gently over a medium/low heat in a saucepan. Add the blueberries and warm for 4-5 minutes.
Zingy Green Goddess - Spicy Avocado & Lime Poached Eggs
2 free range organic eggs 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 ripe avocado 1 fresh lime
1 tsp dried chill flakes 4 tsp of mixed seeds – eg. pumpkin and sunflower seeds
1. Fill a small pan just over one third full with cold water and bring it to the boil.
2. Add the vinegar and turn down to simmer.
3. Crack the eggs one into a small bowl and gently tip into the simmering water.
4. Lightly poach for 3-4 minutes.
5. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen towels
6. De- stone and dice fresh avocado then squeeze over half a fresh lime.
7. Toast one slice of light rye bread or sourdough and spread with coconut oil.
8. Top the toast with the avocado, eggs, chilli & seeds serve with lime and coriander.